The below activities always require an appropriate license. These activities include:
· comparing insurance products
· advising customers about their insurance needs or other insurance matters
· interpreting policies or coverages
· binding new, additional, or replacement coverage for new or existing customers
· binding coverage on or recording additional property under existing policies
· soliciting the sale of insurance by telephone, in person, or by other communication methods
The degree of Felony and penalty varies by the State in which the above happens.